Happy November 1st!
I can’t believe that 2017 will be over in two months! That’s crazy! October came and went and here we are again, doing another month in review, where I put down everything I published during the month in case you missed a thing or two.
I didn’t think I was going to post this much since September was pretty hectic but I surprised myself. Overall, this was a good month! 🙂
Let’s see what I published!
Once again, I’ve made changes to the blog (I feel like I do that bi-yearly, lol). This time, I’m excited with how I’ve set up my schedule. It encourages me write more lifestyle posts because I know a lot of you like those, and/or have been asking me to do more lol.
If you missed my 30 Days of Makeup Challenge entirely (maybe you’re a new follower), I did do a recap of all the looks at the beginning of October.
Only one this month:
Subscription Boxes Unboxing:
I’m reviewing it much earlier than I normally do, but that’s only because this palette is LIMITED EDITION! Go read my review to make up your mind on whether you should get it or not 🙂
My current favorite manga. Also, my first official face paint Halloween look! Can’t wait to do more next year, hopefully!
I received a package from Silk Plants Direct in exchange for a review, and I love the quality of the arrangements. They definitely brightened up my home a bit! 🙂
Alex and I spent pretty much an entire weekend doing family activities and it’s one of our most productive weekends to date.
Lighting the Night in Memory of Our Dearest Friend (Plus Open Letter)
I finally wrote out my feelings regarding my friend who lost the battle against cancer. It’s taken me some time to come to terms with it, and after attending the Light the Night Walk with The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, I felt it was time. Walking along hopeful people, survivors, and those who have lost loved ones to cancer, gave me some strength to finally talk about it. I also wrote an open letter to my dear friend, even though he will never see it. I can only hope that my letter to my friend gives some comfort to those who end up reading it.
I did this because I wanted to make fun and time-lapses of cleaning are some of my faves to watch.
What’s Up Wednesday — Oct 2017 (My first one!)
I’m very excited to be doing lifestyle posts and a lot of you enjoy reading these posts, so it makes me very excited that my post was welcomed with open arms 🙂
Very simple fall decor but for good reason. Also, on a budget!
I wanted to bring this back because it’s been so long since I’ve done it and I really miss it! It’s also a chance for me to “give back” and link to some posts that I loved reading this month.
- To the Man a Floor Below by Mackenzie — I think everyone should read this post because we do need this reminder, even if it’s cliche. I have been on both sides and I think we need to open our eyes, take a look around and be more aware.
- The Shocking Truth About Being A Blogger- And Why I’m Giving It Up by Courtney Livingston — Another must read. People often forget why they started things in the first place and when we get caught up, things can get a little out of control. Courtney shares her blogging experience and how it changed her and why she’s giving it up! It’s a good reminder to always be yourself!
- Have You Met Rossy? by Angela — the lovely Angela featured me in her series and I’m so flattered that people like my blog enough to nominate me on awards or simply feature me on their blog! Thank you, Angela! I’m truly grateful and it’s so awesome that you happened to post this for my birthday month! xx
- 50 Lifestyle Blog Post Ideas by Sophia Patel — If you’re stuck on blog post ideas, feel free to take a look at this list!
- 3 Beauty Secrets by Mimi from Blushy Darling — Mimi shares 3 beauty secrets with us that have worked for her.
- How Being Happy RN Will Help You Become Successful by Ingrid Madison Ave — I believe that you should practice these tips anyway, but it’s a bonus if they make you a more successful person.
- Managing Your Time and Meeting Goals Like a Boss by Mia — She gives us tips on how to manage our time better! 🙂
- 50 Blog Post Ideas by The Life of Angela — Here are some more blog post ideas, if you’re feeling stuck or uninspired!
- Here’s What Loréal’s Not Telling You About Their Makeup & Skincare by Kali from Tales from the Thrift Shop — I feel like not everyone talks about this or they don’t do more research as they should. Some brands that claim to be cruelty-free are not, and L’Oreal is one of those brands. Read with an open-mind, it’s not meant to bash anyone who uses their products.
- Get Luscious Fall and Winter Skin RN by Ingrid Madison Ave — With Autumn and Winter practically here, we can’t deny our skin needs more TLC!
- Halloween Laceration Tutorial by Sophia Patel — I know that this tutorial is technically late for Halloween, but you can still practice and get better and be more elaborate for next year!
- Save or Splurge? – Liquid Highlighter by MUFavorites — I like coming across dupes, and this one seemed like one! 🙂
- Delicious 2-Ingredient Banana Breakfast Pancakes Recipe! by Mia — I’ve given this recipe a try a couple months back and they were delicious! 🙂 And can I also say, healthy?!
- Confessions of an Interracial Dater by Her vs. World — This is actually a guest post on Morgan’s blog, but I think it’s an important one to read. I know a few people who are in an interracial relationship, and while not every couple may experience something like this, it’s definitely an eye-opener. The human race hasn’t moved on from prejudices. It’s 2017, people should be able to date anyone they like. Love has no boundaries.
- 2017 Holiday Art Collection by Alifya Lifestyle — Go check out this lovely lady’s Etsy shop which is full of her own art! 😀 So many pretty photos! 😀
Which post(s) was/were your favorite(s) this month?!
Find me on social media: