I know I’ve already earlier today but, in case you guys forgot, I’m doing a Project Pan that will last the entire year with Andi from Ever Impractical. This month we are posting our very first update to see how much progress we’ve made. Spoiler alert: not much for me.
Project Pan 2018
For the full list of product names, check out my Project Pan 2018 / / Collaboration with Ever Impractical post. Everything will be separated into categories.
Before I start, I want to say that I gave away the Freeman Polishing Charcoal and Black Sugar Scrub Mask to my father’s wife. I had two of them and had already tried it, so I didn’t mind giving it to her.
And one more thing, I know you’re all going to say, “isn’t all of this enough already?” Yes, but I have a few more products I would like to add, lol:
- tarte Smooth Operator Amazonian Clay Powder
- Burt’s Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream
- Coastal Scents Step One Eye Primer
- Dickinson’s Enhanced Witch Hazel Hydrating Toner
- Biobelle Perfecting Primer Facial Mask
- Global Beauty Care Charcoal Wash-off Mask
- GlamGlow Supermud Clearing Treatment
- OGX Nourishing Coconut Milk Shampoo & Conditioner
A lot of these are sample sized, but I really want to de-stash as much as possible so I’ll take every opportunity I can get to do so.
Have I Hit the Pan?
YES! But, I actually hit the pan on only one product so far–the Wet n Wild Coverall Correcting Palette. And to clarify, I had already hit the pan on my NYX Stay Matte But Not Flat Powder Foundation last year, so maybe I can use up some more during the summer.
I decided to put my regular empties alongside my project pan empties because I don’t want to write two different posts. That being said, let’s break it down, with a few thoughts on each:
Haircare / Bath & Body:
- Finesse Restore & Strengthen Moisturizing Shampoo (read review)
- — keeps my frizz manageable
- Drybar Triple Sec 3-in-1 (Dec. 2017 Sephora)
- — didn’t notice a huge difference
- Gucci Bloom Perfume Sample
- — did not like enough to purchase full-size
- Anna Sui Perfume Sample
- — did not like enough to purchase full-size
- Caviar Anti-Aging Miracle Multiplying Volume Mist (Aug. 2017 Sephora)
- — it was nice, but I ran out quickly
- Victoria’s Secret Love Spell Cherry Blossom and Peach Bubble Bath and Cream Wash
- — favorite line (Love Spell), this Cherry Blossom & Peach is my favorite so far but I won’t purchase because VS isn’t CF 😦
* * *
Skincare & Makeup:
- Alba Botanica acnedote Face and Body Scrub (read review)
- — loved it! Repurchased twice, but ever since I ran out of it this time, I haven’t bought it again (will buy when I finish all the other skincare products I have)
- e.l.f. Cosmetics Blending Sponge (read review)
- — first blending sponge I bought, liked it at first but after trying RT, I stopped using it lol
- Feel Brilliant Bamboo Charcoal Facial Sheet Mask (Dec. 2017 Ipsy)
- — absolutely loved it! I definitely would love to repurchase!
- Biobelle Perfecting Primer Facial Mask (Feb. 2018 Ipsy)
- — loved it! Made my skin so soft and left it hydrated. Would love to repurchase!
- * Valentia Night Revive Serum (Sponsored, read review)
- — fell in love with this stuff, it cleared my acne and made my dark spots disappear! I want to repurchase!
- Too Faced Mascara Melt Off Cleansing Oil Waterproof Mascara Dissolver (Aug. 2017 Sephora)
- — didn’t care much for it as I don’t use waterproof mascaras, I guess it helped but I don’t really need it.
- Fresh Rose Floral Toner (Jan. 2018 Sephora)
- — looooved it! I do not want to pay full price for it though, it’s extremely expensive! Looking for alternatives!
- GlamGlow Supercleanse Clearing Cream (Jan. 2018 Sephora)
- — wasn’t a fan of the scent of licorice root, and I thought rubbing it on dry hands then using water to lather it was an extra step that seems unnecessary..
- Dollar Tree Beauty Sponges (purple and green)
- — bought them just to try and didn’t like them, they’re too hard.
- Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge
- — I can’t believe I still haven’t reviewed these since I’ve already gone through two or three…I shall review it soon because I love them!
- Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleansing Cloths (x1, 2 left)
- — they’re okay, I’m not in love with them, but they do the job.
- * Tata Harper Repairative Moisturizer
- — disliked, the scent was too strong and the moisturizer felt too thick, even with my dry winter skin
- Essence I Love Stage Eyeshadow Base
- — I loved it so much, I can’t wait to review it!
- * philosophy Purity Made Simple Pore Extractor Mask (Nov. 2017 Sephora)
- — first clay mask I’ve ever tried and it cleared my pores quite well!
I produced only three empties from my project pan list, the Valentia Night Revive Serum, the Philosophy Purity Made Simple Pore Extractor Mask, and the Tata Harper Repairative Moisturizer. The rest are just random products that I’ve managed to use up.
Even though it’s only been two months, I have come to realize that it will take a very long time to finish up or even hit the pan on some makeup products. Especially since I don’t wear makeup everyday but I have been trying to do so. Perhaps I will have a bunch of empties in our next update, fingers crossed!
Please don’t forget to check out Andi’s post!
–> Project Pan Update #1 <–
Find me on social media: