After so long, I finally did it! I went through my vanity to get rid of some makeup. Mind you it isn’t a lot and I’m still left with a bunch of stuff. BUT, I went through and decided to get rid of anything that I no longer reach for. I think in about six months I will go through my vanity again to get rid of more stuff. 🙂
What prompted me to go through my vanity was my project pan. I had put some stuff in there to use up and I realized I just wasn’t reaching for those things as much as I should be, so I decided it was time to declutter.
Here’s what I’m getting rid of:
I’m glad to be tossing a bunch of lipsticks because a few I’ve had for a while and some I just did not like at all (from subscriptions). But let me walk you through what I’m throwing away.
Note: Products in project pan will be marked with an asterisk (*).
Eye Pencils & Eyeliners:
I did accidentally throw a lip liner in here lol
- Kleancolor Vibe-rant Duo Eyeliner in Orange Vibe, Purple Vibe, Blue Vibe, Yellow Vibe, Green Vibe and Pink Vibe
- e.l.f. Eyeliner & Shadow in Pearl/Glow
- IT Cosmetics Brow Power Universal Eyebrow Pencil in Universal Taupe
- * Sephora Crayon Contour Eye Pencil
- * Laura Geller Eye Dew Cream Shadow Crayon in Copper Crayon
- OFRA Cosmetics Universal Eyebrow Pencil
- e.l.f. Lipliner & Blending Brush in Wine
The colored ones have dried up and they sucked anyway. Some of the eyeliners weren’t as creamy and they tug on the skin so I didn’t want to bother with them anymore.
- Glamour Dolls Double Trouble Eyeshadow Duo in New Dress
- * Ipsy x NYX 3 Color Shadow Palette
- * POP Beauty Bright Up Your Life Eyeshadow Trio in Sugar Plum
I’m getting rid of these because I don’t use them AT ALL. When I first started my project pan in January, I really was reaching for them but I quickly got bored and because they’re shimmers, they just got old kind of quick. The purple ones are gorgeous, but I don’t want to keep them if I’m not going to use them.
From left to right:
- Rimmel London Lasting Finish by Kate Lipstick in 107
- Urban Decay Vice Waterproof Long Lasting Liquid Lipstick in Amulet
- LA Colors Lipstick in Coral Sheen
- So Susan Cosmetics Liquid Matte Long Wear Liquid Lipstick in Raisin Flesh
- Beauty Creations Long Wear Matte Lipgloss in Sweet Heart
- Maybelline Super Stay 24 Color in Keep Up The Flame
- NYX Lingerie in Cheekies
- NYX Simply Nude Lip Cream in Sable
- Ulta Matte Lip Cream in Allusive
- e.l.f. Pout Perfecter in Glow
- Avon Glazewear Lipgloss
- e.l.f. Matte Lip Color in Wine
- Contour Cosmetics Lipliner in Stud
A bunch of these lippies I forgot about when I got something better. Some of them didn’t work for me at all, and others just looked so bad against my skin tone. I also threw some that weren’t CF like the Maybelline and Rimmel London ones. I technically have other ones that aren’t CF in my stash, but I want to keep them because I received them in subscriptions and don’t have certain shades in my non-CF stash. I will eventually use the rest up or toss them next time I declutter..
Here are some swatches in the same order as the photo above:
TOTAL THROW AWAYS:
I’m tossing a total of 28 products!
- 3 eyeshadows duos & trios
- 14 lipsticks and lip liners
- 11 eyeliners and pencils
I’m glad I finally did this declutter, I’ve been putting it off for so long! I will try to do this more often and I’m also thinking that I want to do another project pan next year 🙂
How often do you guys declutter your vanity or your makeup?
Have an amazing Friday you guys!! ❤ xx
Find me on social media: