Happy October 1st!
I know I said “I’ll see you Tuesday” but I completely forgot that this post needed to go up TODAY! Thank you Courtney for reminding us! ❤
I cannot believe another month has passed us by! We are onto our third update of our fitness collab with Sarah from Vintage Tea Rose, Courtney from Courtney’s Corner, Natalie from Natalie’s Alchemy and Emily (friend of Courtney’s, no blog).
I think I can speak for everyone when I say it was a tough month. Not only was it back to school month for some of us, it seemed that as a group we started the month really strong and now we’re all feeling a bit uninspired and unmotivated. So we’re all definitely trying to find it in us to want to start up again.
- At-home workout for 45 mins per day, minimum of 4 to 5 workouts a week (roughly 3 to 4 hours a week)
- keep up the water intake (84oz)
- keep up the healthy diet (fruits and/or veggies in at least 2 meals each day, little to no sugar and no junk food)
Summary for September
The first half of the month I was exercising nearly everyday for 45 mins to an hour, so I easily met my goal of 4x a week and then some. The second half of the month, it dropped to only 3x a week at the most. I still technically work out for 45 mins or 1 full hour if I do yoga. Since I won’t be able to work out everyday anymore, I’d like to revise this goal once more and make it reasonable for myself instead of pushing for more.
Even though I’m not working out as much as the beginning of the month, I do want to mention some things that I have noticed:
- Overall endurance has increased — longer reps without breaks
- Able to keep up the pace
- Graduated to a 60 sec plank
- Core strength has increased
- Lost a few inches from my waist
I still use the apps I mentioned in my second update, plus various sequences of yoga, usually 45 to 60 mins total. I’m proud of myself because my endurance is increasing and I have noticed that my waist is slimming because my jeans fit me a bit big. If I keep this up I should be able to reach my goal before the year ends.
* * *
First half of the month went well, I was eating right, no sugary no drinks. Then my neighbors birthday came around and we drank SO MUCH and I feel like that was the moment when it all went downhill for me again, ugh!
I went back to eating sugary treats, snacking a lot and drinking alcohol. Even though I’m eating what I shouldn’t, I still am fasting for 14 to 16 hours and making my healthy smoothies in the morning/noon. I never eat past 4:30pm anymore so I’m limiting my food intake between 9am to 5pm, roughly.
Despite that, I’m still sticking to fruits and veggies and drinking water regularly. I have been feeling so much better. I’m not super worried about my diet because I don’t feel like I’ve gained the weight back, and if I did, it’s not as noticeable because I’m still active throughout the week whether it’s walking or doing full body workouts.
Goals for October:
I’m adding one goal and slightly modifying my workouts.
- Sober October — Even though it’s my birthday month, I want to force myself to refrain from drinking alcohol, even for my birthday, which will suck, but I think it’s important for me to take that step.
- At-home workout for 45 mins per day, minimum of 3 workouts a week
- 84oz water intake everyday
- Healthy diet — continue to fast and make smoothies, fruits and/or veggies in at least 2 meals each day, little to no sugar and no junk food
It seems that with changes in my routine, or if I eat something I shouldn’t one day, I’m having to start all over again the next. I think I want to force myself to keep a healthy diet for October and do the best I can to exercise. Wish me luck!
As always, please don’t forget to check out how my girls are doing!
And if you would like to join our collab, don’t hesitate to ask one of us!
Find me on social media: