This week is flying right past me! In fact, this whole month has been, it’s incredibly weird. I feel like I haven’t been productive enough even though I have? I also feel like I haven’t been on here for a while. Could be because I’m so behind on reading your blogs so I have no idea what most of you are up to.
I know the holidays are also right around the corner, so it’s a busy time for everyone. I will be trying to film a few videos for my channel this weekend, so wish me luck! I really really want to do them LOL.
Anyway, enough chatter, I’m here to show you my FINAL update from my project pan that I’m doing with Andi from Ever Impractical.
Project Pan 2018
These are all the original products in my project pan, 67 products. I have added a few more along the way as I saw fit, either officially or unofficially. It will be hard to know for sure how many more I added if I added them unofficially, which I did for the most part, but I’ll tally up the total empties based on my numbers from the past year.
For this FINAL UPDATE, I have a few categories because there’s some products that are not finished, but I also want to tally those up and compare numbers with finished products.
For the full list of product names, check out my Project Pan 2018 / / Collaboration with Ever Impractical post. Everything will be separated into categories.
NOT ALL of these products were part of my project pan, just FYI. I just did a makeup declutter post and a few of my project pan products went in there.
You can see the full post here, but to recap, the products that were in my project pan were the following:
- Sephora Crayon Contour Eye Pencil
- Laura Geller Eye Dew Cream Shadow Crayon in Copper Crayon
- Ipsy x NYX 3 Color Shadow Palette
- POP Beauty Bright Up Your Life Eyeshadow Trio in Sugar Plum
NOTE: Aside from these that were thrown away, I also gave some products away.
Products I’ve Hit Pan
I was proud of myself for making a dent in a lot of products I had been using for a while.
- Wet n Wild Coverall Correcting Palette
- e.l.f. Cosmetics Perfect Finish HD Powder
- Make Up For Ever Rouge Artist Natural in N9
- theBalm Meet Matt(e) Hughes Long Lasting Liquid Lipstick in Committed
- NYX Dark Circle Concealer
It’s weird to say I’ve hit pan on a lipstick, but as you can see I’m going to get a few more uses out of this MUFE lipstick and I’ll be done! Same with theBalm lipstick.
Unfinished Project Pan Products
I had been working on these products for a while, but these are ones that can’t be included in “Ive Hit Pan” because, well…I haven’t, lol.
- Elizabeth Mott POP! Goes the Shadow in Toasted
- Embryolisse Lait-Creme Concentre
- Marc Jacobs Le Marc Lip Creme in Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
- Essence Kajal Pencil in Black
I’m hoping to finish most of these in the next few weeks or months.
* * *
The next two are products that I’ve been using pretty much the entire year, and still no end in sight! Still got a lot to go on both!
- Formula 10.0.6 Deep Down Detox Ultra Cleansing Mud Mask
- Coastal Scents Step One Eye Primer
I added the eye primer in my first update, and I have been using it EVERY TIME I do my makeup and there is just NO END to it!! For such a small little thing, it sure has a ton of product!
NOTE: I transferred both products onto other pots/containers for easier access and to see how much more I have left..
* * *
But wait, there’s more!
The next three are products that are a bit more predictable in telling how close I am to finishing them. They all have just a few more uses and I’ll be finished with them.
- HASK Argan Oil Repairing Deep Conditioner
- Freeman Banana-Oat Instant Smoothing Mask
- Simple Skincare Hydrating Cleansing Oil
When I started this project pan, the cleansing oil was pretty much full so this was tremendous progress. The deep conditioner has been hard to use up because I don’t always have time to take long showers, they’re all usually just quick showers. But in the past month or so I’ve been using it every week, and I can tell I’m getting close. The banana oat mask will take a little longer to finish but I’m confident I can finish it in the next few months if I use it weekly.
* * *
These are products that I’ve also used often, but they look like I’ve barely made a dent. There’s no telling how long it will take me to hit pan on all of these.
- tarte Smooth Operator Amazonian Clay Powder
- Burt’s Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream
- Trifle Cosmetics Raspberry Ripple Ombre Radiance Blush Palette
- theBalm INSTAIN Long Wearing Staining Powder Blush in Pinstripe
The Tarte loose powder and the Burt’s Bees cuticle cream were added on my first update together, but still no end in sight, lol. The blushes have been on this list since the beginning but I think I was a bit more optimistic in believing I would be able to hit pan on both.
Products I’ve Barely Used
I wanted to make this category too because there have been a few products that I’ve only used like once or twice, but definitely no more than three to five times for a few lol.
- Physician’s Formula Argan Wear 2-in-1 Argan Oil & Coconut Water
- Physician’s Formula Bright Booster Oil Elixir
- Derma-e Microdermabrasion Scrub
- Boscia Charcoal Pore Pudding Intensive Wash-Off Treatment
- NYX Wonder Stick Highlight and Contour in Universal
- Montagne Jeunesse 7th Heaven Green Tea Peel-Off Mask
- Montagne Jeunesse 7th Heaven Creamy Coconut Face Mask
- theBalm Cindy-Lou Manizer
- Coastal Scents StyleEyes Eye Shadow Sampler
- LOC x Tati Vibrant Matte Lipstick in Wildest Dreams
- Marc Jacobs Highliner Gel Crayon
Part of the reason some of these products weren’t used was because I was working on others, such as the Formula 10.0.6 Deep Down Detox mask, the Essence eyeliner, and the MUFE lipstick.
Project Pan Empties + Regular Empties
NOW we can get into the empties! Keep in mind that regular empties are included in this post. My project pan empties will be marked with an asterisk and tallied up at the end of each section.
Haircare / Bath & Body:
Some of these I added to my project pan after my 4th update. And I’m glad to say I was actually able to finish some of them! Most of these I just wanted to finish for good.
- * Calvin Klein Skin Moisturizer
- * Pantene Mousse
- NYM Clean Freak Dry Shampoo
- got2b Metallic Amethyst Hair Dye
- * OGX Nourishing Coconut Milk Conditioner
- Bolero Honey Suckle & Green Tea Soap
- Tom’s of Maine Propolis & Myrrh Toothpaste
- * Living Proof Restore Perfecting Spray (Conditioning Detangling Spray)
- Aura Cacia Essential Tea Tree Oil
Project Pan Empties: 4
Regular Empties: 5
* * *
Masks & Treatments:
Again, I added a few more products here that I wanted to use up.
- * Freeman Sparkling Pear Pore Cleansing Mask
- Earth Therapeutics Complexion Brush
- * Caudalie Vine[Activ] Energizing and Soothing Eye Cream
- * Algenist GENIUS Liquid Collagen
- Korres Wild Rose Vitamin C Brightening Oil
- * Tony Moly I’m Real Rice Mask Sheet
- Wander Beauty Baggage Claim Gold Eye Masks
- * Mizon Joyful Time Essence Mask Pomegranate
Project Pan Empties: 5
Regular Empties: 3
* * *
I worked hard to finish a lot of moisturizers, only because I have so many samples sitting on my vanity and I needed them to go to make space for the stuff I had bought in October.
- Skin Food Peach Sake Toner
- * Caudalie VinoSource Moisturizing Sorbet
- * Purity Made Simple Ultra-Light Moisturizer
- * Farmacy Honey Drop Lightweight Moisturizer
- * Origins GinZing Energy Boosting Moisturizer
- * Valentia Pure Glow Brightening Moisturizer
Project Pan Empties: 5
Regular Empties: 1
* * *
So glad I had some makeup in this final update, especially a powder foundation!
- Lancome Hypnose Drama Mascara
- * Urban Decay Quick Fix Hydra-Charged Complexion Prep Priming Spray
- * NYX Stay Matte But Not Flat Powder Foundation
- NYX HD Studio Photogenic Concealer
Project Pan Empties: 2
Regular Empties: 2
I am proud of my progress with this year’s project pan. O was able to get rid of a ton of samples! Now to tally up everything. I’ve added the products that I know weren’t on the list officially, but keep in mind there could have been a few more throughout the year, it was just hard to keep track. I will do better next year lol.
I have a total of 27 empties, for my final update.
Project Pan Empties: 16 | Regular Empties: 11
* * *
Now to tally up this year’s products! By adding my empties with my unfinished products, my project pan list went from 67 to 95! Now we can use those numbers to compare!
Total Project Pan Products: 95
Unfinished Products: 29
Total Project Pan Empties: 66 (this includes the four I’ve decluttered and one I gave away)
And because I like to put things into percentages for greater perspective….
UNFINISHED: 29 / 95 = 30.5% | EMPTIES: 66 / 95 = 69.5%
This project pan really put things into perspective. I was able to prioritize which products needed to be used up, so in that sense, I bought less of those products, if that makes any sense. Now I know I splurged in October, but the products that remained will still be used daily, or whenever I do my makeup.
In terms of percentages, I thought having 29 products left was a bad thing, but when compared to nearly 70% of products emptied, that made me feel a whole lot better. I was able to finish more than 2/3 of all products! Yayy!!
I want to thank Andi for letting me join her on this year’s project pan! It’s been so much fun and infinitely better with someone else! I may end up continuing my own project pan next year after I gather the chosen products!
Please don’t forget to check out Andi’s post to see how she did!
Read Andi’s post here:
–> Ever Impractical — Project Pan Finale <–
Have you guys ever done a project pan?
If so, how long was it and how did you do?? : )
Find me on social media: