I can’t believe this is the last day of the year! We’re moving onto 2019 tomorrow and I hope this new year brings you all success, health, love and happiness! ❤
Today I thought I could share my 2018 makeup and skincare favorites. I was going to do a video but I just didn’t have time. I’m hoping to bring you one more post later today *fingers crossed*. Let’s get started!
I was surprised by how many skincare products I went through this year. These however, made it to my faves and I highly recommend them, though a few are a bit pricey.
Global Beauty Care Charcoal Wash-Off Mask
(Jan. 2018 Ipsy)
One of my favorite charcoal face masks to date!
Fresh Rose Floral Toner
(Jan. 2018 Play! by Sephora)
Formula 10.0.6 Best Face Forward Foaming Cleanser
This product repeatedly makes it into my favorites. I’ve repurchased about four times!
Tony Moly Rice Smooth Toner
I absolutely loved this and was lucky to grab it for less than $10 at Ulta, but I can no longer find it anywhere! I love how deeply hydrating it was!
Skinfood Peach Sake Toner
As you can see I’ve gone through a few toners, lol. This one is my first Skinfood product and I was obsessed with it! Smells so good and it also helped my skin by keeping it hydrated and clear.
Clinique Take The Day Off Makeup Remover For Lids, Lashes & Lips
(June 2018 Play! by Sephora)
This is one of the best makeup removers I’ve tried. All the makeup came off so easy!
(I had no other photo, sorry!)
Korres Wild Rose Vitaminc C Active Brightenin Oil
(July 2018 Play! by Sephora)
Hardly Used Favorites
All of these were favorites at some point but for whatever reason, I stopped using them. A few I want to make last and others, such as palettes, took a back seat as I was trying other newer ones.
- Tarte Tarteist PRO Amazonian Clay Eyeshadow Palette
- NIP & Fab Glycolic Scrub Fix — (Mar. 2018 Ipsy)
- Tony Moly Cherry Blossom Brightening Essence
- Alamar Cosmetics Ojitos Brush Set — (Sept. 2018 Boxycharm)
The VII Code T2 Oxygen Eye Cream (read review) is very expensive so I was grateful to have gotten this in an exchange for a review. This eye cream worked wonders for my under eyes! I started seeing results in about two weeks! Holy moly!
I received the Alamar Cosmetics Reina del Caribe Eyeshadow Palette Vol. 1 in my June 2018 Boxycharm and it quickly became a favorite! I was impressed by the formula and it inspired me to create SEVERAL looks, seven to be exact! 😉 (read review)
One of my favorite lip combos over the summer were the ILUVSARAHII x Colourpop Ultra Glossy Lip & Lippie Pencil in Curvii. I was so glad I bought them both!
Pretty much all of these with the exception of two were products I bought myself back in October. I can’t believe how quickly these became favorites! A lot of these I literally just started using this month and I was amazed by how much I loved them!
- Thayer’s Witch Hazel Aloe Vera Rose Petal Toner
- Mario Badescu Facial Spray w/Aloe, Cucumber, & Green Tea
- Clinique Dramatically Different Hydrating Jelly — (Sept. 2018 Play! by Sephora)
- Ole Henriksen Truth Serum — (Sept. 2018 Play! by Sephora)
- Love Beauty & Planet Sugar Rose Peace & Glow Creamy Body Scrub
- Pacifica Coconut Milk Cream to Foam Face Wash
- e.l.f. Cosmetics Nourishing Night Cream
I’ve only used the e.l.f. Cosmetics Moisturizing Lipstick in Orange Dream twice, for my Classic Holiday makeup look and Christmas Eve, and loved it so much! The finish is perfect for this time of year!
Long Time Favorites
I have a bunch of products here! All of these are basically products I’ve been loving all year or whenever I received them. I’ll start with the makeup tools!
Wet n Wild Limited Edition PRO Brush Set &
Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge
I’ve been using the RT sponge since last year and I haven’t looked back!
I don’t think I ever showed you guys the Wet n Wild PRO brushes which were limited edition. I went to three different Walgreens to find these and I was squealing when I got my hands on a set. They’re super beautiful and soft!
I got these in both my Ipsy bag and Boxycharm. They’re amazing brushes!
From left to right:
- PRO Brush Trio (one not pictured) — (Feb. 2018 Boxycharm)
- Deluxe Blush Brush — (Dec. 2017 Boxycharm)
- SS035 – Medium Face Contour Brush — (Aug. 2017 Ipsy)
- C141 Small Chisel Brush — (Nov. 2017 Ipsy)
I can’t talk about brushes and not include Luxie brushes! You guys probably already know these are my favorite! 🙂
From bottom to top:
- 3pc Flawless Complexion Set — (June 2018 Boxycharm)
- 504 Large Angled Brush — a gift from my good friend Elizabeth from Everything & Nothin’ (my first Luxie brush! Thanks a ton doll!<3)
- 207 Medium Angled Shading — (Nov. 2017 Ipsy)
- 249 Blending & Shading Eye Brush (dual ended) — (Feb. 2018 Ipsy)
- Luminous Eye Set — (Nov. 2018 Boxycharm)
- 239 Precision Shader Onyx Brush (Dec. 2017 Ipsy)
And of course this brand new set that came in my December 2018 BoxyLuxe!
* * *
The makeup towel is dirty but I didn’t want to show that LMAO. I get good use out of it but it might be time to buy a new one..
- Formula 10.0.6 So Totally Clean Micellar Water
- Goldfaden MD Facial Detox Mask (Mar. 2018 Ipsy)
- Simple Hydrating Cleansing Oil
- Fresh Face Makeup Removing Towel
I use the Goldfaden MD detox mask as a spot treatment and it works better than anything I’ve ever tried.
* * *
I got lots of new products to play with this year and a lot of them made it to my faves!
- OFRA Long Lasting Liquid Lipstick in Verona (June 2018 Boxycharm)
- Girlactik Matte Lip Paint in Posh (Jan. 2018 Boxycharm)
- MAC Liptensity Lipstick in Doe (April 2018 Boxycharm)
- Essence Pure Nude Highlighter
- theBalm Mary-Lou Manizer (Jan. 2018 Ipsy)
- Kathleen Lights x Colourpop Dream St. Palette
- Physician’s Formula Murumuru Butter Bronzer
- Pretty Vulgar Make Them Blush in Hush Blush (Mar. 2018 Boxycharm)
- NYX Matte Liquid Liner
More Makeup Faves!
The following are products I nearly forgot to include and could not bear to leave them out, lol.
- NYX Butter Gloss in Tiramisu
- Essence Prettifying Lip Oil
- Benefit Cosmetics Precisely, My Brow Pencil
- NYX Liquid Suede Cream Lipsticks in Sandstorm & Soft Spoken
- e.l.f. Cosmetics Makeup Mist & Set
- Indigo Wild Frankincense & Myrrh Roll-On Perfume
That’s it my dolls! I tried to be less chatty than usual because it is A LOT of products and a lot of them I already have reviews of in my blog, just follow the links of those I included. 🙂 I’d love to know if anyone has any of these products too! 🙂
Stay safe and may 2019 bring you everything you need! ❤
Happy New Year, dolls! ❤ xx
Find me on social media: