Today I’m unboxing my Boxycharm, the first box of the year! Was it a hit or a flop?!
I was excited because for the first time ever I checked the spoilers to see what we would be getting. The theme for the first box of 2019 is Boxy & Chill, which I thought was cute.
Let’s see what I got!
- Briogeo Don’t Despair, Repair! Strength + Moisture Leave-In Mask
- Tarte Limited Edition Rainforest of the Sea Highlighting Palette Vol. III
- Starlooks Luxe Longwear Eye Pencil
- Tatcha Luminous Dewy Skin Face Mask (2 Pack)
- Bite Amuse Bouche in Dragonfruit
I’m on the fence about this box, to be honest. Let me tell you why..
1. I love the Briogeo leave-in mask, so while I’m stoked to have a bigger size, I can do without it, no big deal.
2. I have too many eye pencils, so I will be giving away the Starlooks eye pencil or putting it on my giveaway stash. I have no need for an extra one..
3. The Bite Beauty lippie is a fantastic formula, but when I swatched it, I realized I may not use that shade as much. It’s always a bummer when you get sent a product from a new-ish brand to you, and you get a shade that you may not wear because then the product kind of goes to waste? Now that I’ve swatched it, I may have to give it a shot. Maybe once I wear it, I’ll change my mind about it? But I do wish I could have gotten a different one, despite how beautiful this one is.
4. The product(s) I was most excited about were the Tatcha masks because that brand is EXPENSIVE! I hope I like them, no complaints about these at all.
5. Lastly, the Tarte palette. At first I was like, “too many shimmers, not enough mattes..” Then I said, “so neutral, I have many palettes like this..” I honestly wasn’t sure if I was going to keep it, but I didn’t know it was limited edition.. So yes, now I’m keeping it. I will give the formula a try and see how I like it. I hope the formula makes me change my mind about this palette as a whole.
I don’t mean to complain so much about this box, I’m sure they’re working on better boxes for the future, but not every box will be a hit. It did fall a little short for me, but I’m hoping once I try the products I can take back my words lmao.
What did you guys get?
Were you happy with the products?
Find me on social media:
Subscribe to Boxycharm with my referral link to get a box with 4 to 5 full size products with a retail value of over $100 for only $21/month!