Oh my gosh! Another?! Yes!
It hasn’t even hit the 6 month mark since I did my last declutter in September, but after going through my makeup once more for my 2019 Project Pan, I knew it had to be done again, and soon! I’ll try to brief because it is a lot of products. Far more than I initially expected.. Let’s get this started! 😀
Makeup Declutter 2019
As I do sometimes, I have made a [speedy] video of me decluttering and re-organizing my makeup and vanity because I love some change every couple months. And I also love those cleaning videos. So inspiring 😀 lol
The first things I knew I wanted to get rid of were some foundation samples that don’t match my skin tone, and some highlighters I didn’t like or that don’t look good on me and have been holding onto them forever.
I also am getting rid of an eye-depuffing gel because I realized I don’t like it as much after using it for a few months.
- Dr. Brandt Needles No More Eye De-puffing Gel (transferred to small pot)
- Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Perfector Blurring Skin Tint with Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF25 (sample—not my shade)
- Dr. Jart+ BB Multi-Action Skincare + Makeup Broad Spectrum SPF45 (sample—not my shade)
- Marc Jacobs Shameless Foundation (sample—not my shade)
- TEMPTU Highlighter in Champagne Shimmer
- Beaute Basics Bronze Essentials
- BareMinerals Foundation Sample
- theBalm Cindy-Lou Manizer
- City Color Glow Duo
Total Products: 9
I would normally do eye products first, but I’m leaving a few for last as you’ll see below. Anyway, picking out most of these was an easy task. I haven’t reached for them since my last declutter so I know I won’t be using any of them in the next few months.
A bunch of the WnW ones are just too old. However, the formula is pretty good, except for the Catsuit lippies. Those apply patchy and not as opaque. The ones I was a bit sad to let go of are the Jordana Modern Mattes because they’re also really good but they’re too old to keep using.
- Essence Lip Liner in 13 Transparent
- Wet n Wild Megalast Liquid Catsuit in Pink Really Hard and Nudist Peach
- LORAC Highly Pigmented Cream Lipstick in CEO and Supermodel
- Jordana Cosmetics Modern Matte Lipstick in 02 Matte Blush, 09 Matte Dare, 11 Matte Caliente, and 12 Matte Style
- Wet n Wild Silk Finish Lipstick in Just Garnet, Mink Brown, Blushing Bali, Hot Red, Will You Be With Me?, and 15 Minutes Aflame
- Wet n Wild MegaLast Lip Color in Mauve Outta Here and Just Peachy
- NYX Cosmetics Extra Creamy Round Lipstick in Narcissus
- NYX Cosmetics V’amped Up! Lip Top Coat
- treStique Mini Matte Lip Crayon in Florence Fig
- NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Cruella
- LOC x Tati Vibrant Matte Lipstick in Wildest Dreams
- City Color City Chic Lipstick in Je t’aime
- Ulta Lipstick in Mauve Me
- Model Co Lipstick in Kitty
- Mellow Cosmetics Matte Lipstick in Nude
- Burt’s Bees Lip Crayon in Sedona Sands
- KVD Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in K-Dub
- Sephora Collection Cream Lip Stain in 35
- Sephora Collection Rouge Matte in M11
- Make Up For Ever Artist Rouge Creme in C207
Total Products: 31
Yasss!!! Feels SO GOOD to be tossing out that many, I’m pretty sure that’s a third of my entire collection so yay! 😀 No one needs that many anyway LOL
Now let’s get started with eyeshadow palettes, shadows and more..
This huge colorful palette was my very first and for that sole reason it’s been really hard for me to let it go lol. I know that might sound a bit insane that it holds some kind of sentimental value, but in a way it does. It was my first palette and it was well loved as you can see. This palette made me remember that I’ve always loved makeup and that I needed to take that love a step further, and that eventually brought me to blogging.
The other two are an eyeliner that I didn’t love and an eyebrow pencil which was my absolute favorite at some point, but I’ve found another!
- e.l.f. Cosmetics 100 Piece Marble Eyeshadow Palette
- Skone Cosmetics Insanely Intense Tattooed Waterproof Eyeliner
- IT Cosmetics Brow Power Pencil in Universal Taupe
* * *
Next I have all the singles and duos that I haven’t reached for in a LONG LONG LONG LONG LONG LONG time. Oh my gosh, I’ve been binge watching Scrubs way too much!
- BareMinerals Eyecolor in Royal Reign
- Coastal Scents Style Eyes Eye Shadow Sampler
- Jelly Pong Pong Supercharged Super Intense Eyeshadow Duo in Electric
- City Color Shimmer Shadow in Cheers to Life
- Pixi by Petra Mesmerizing Mineral Duo in Orchid Ornament
- Blinkle Shimmer Eyeshadow in Tangerine Light
Since it’s not that many I don’t mind swatching them for you guys to see. Some are very beautiful but unfortunately shades I no longer reach for. I already reviewed the e.l.f. palette and have swatched all 100 shades.
Total Products: 9
Palettes I’m Not Sure About
These palettes are the reason I did eye products last because I’m not too sure whether I want to keep them, de-pot some of the shades, or give them away to my mom and sis. I’ll briefly tell you why I’m planning on getting rid of them but I’ll link their respective reviews for anyone who might be interested…
Everyone knows how terrible the Boxycharm x PUR palette was, however, I have to admit that a few shades in that palette are actually quite decent.
The Crown PRO Glam Metals was the first eyeshadow palette I’ve ever received through Boxycharm, and at first I was excited but I haven’t reached for it at all. Shades are PIGMENTED though, I’m just not into these shades anymore.
The LLLA Party Animal was another disaster. I had to build up the shades so much to get them to look bold and intense, I don’t want to bother with something I have to work so hard to get.. I only loved the orange shade from this palette.
Lastly, and I know I JUST* got it last month, the Tarte ROTS Vol III palette. I did not like it. The shades are boring and they barely show up on my skin tone to begin with. This I might send to my mom and sis because one of them might get a better use out of them since they don’t really wear makeup.
Total Products: 13 (including the four palettes I’m not sure about)
The total amount of products I’m getting rid of this time are a whopping 53 products!!
I think that’s amazing if you ask me. It seems my vanity is always in need of decluttering every couple months after getting so many products in subscription boxes. However, after cancelling Ipsy and Sephora last year, the number of small samples has dwindled and I’m happy that I have some more room for newcomers LOL.
When’s the last time you lovely people have decluttered your makeup? Do you tend to hold on to some products due to the packaging, or maybe you truly love them? I’d love to know!
Find me on social media: